How to Purchase Radioactive Materials
HOW TO PURCHASE RADIOACTIVE MATERIALS
- Complete a Radioactive Material Purchase Application
A Radioactive Material Purchase Application form (DHS-026) may be obtained from the Laboratory Services Department webpage. The form must be completed before it is sent to Laboratory Services or the order may be delayed or cancelled.
- Purchases of $5000 or less only require a written quote from a vendor for the material(s) to be purchased,
- The form must be dated and signed by the Principle Investigator,
- The Cost Center / Account Number (account number) must be entered,
- The form must be signed by the Signatory Officer, and,
- The form must be delivered (mail, FAX, E-mail) to Laboratory Services for review and processing.
- Purchase, Receipt and Delivery of Radioactive Materials
- Completed application forms will be processed into a purchase requisition,
- The materials will be ordered by Procurement Services,
- All Radioactive material(s) are initially delivered to Laboratory Services, and,
- Checked for leakage,
- Surveyed for removable contamination (as applicable) and,
- The material will be added to the University Inventory.
- Laboratory Services will deliver the material and the associated paperwork to the authorized location of use, properly store the material, and notify the intended recipient.
- Notify Procurement to process payment for the materials
Following the satisfactory receipt of the material, the PI must notify firstname.lastname@example.org to process a GOODS RECEIPT for the Purchase Order # _____________.